Client: Why haven’t you started on the project? We discussed this over month ago.
Me: I issued a fee proposal three weeks ago, and a follow up a week ago. You never responded to either.
Client: Well, this is critical now. We need it for tomorrow morning.
Me: But as I outlined in my fee proposal, that’s four days worth of work. I can’t do that in a day.
Client: You will if you want to be paid.
Me: I’d have to charge rush -
Client: You can’t be serious. If it’s only takes a day to do it, you won’t charge for more than a day.
Me: So, because you’ve left it late, you’d like me to work through the night so I can do four days work in eighteen hours, and you’d only like to pay me for eight of those hours?
Client: Yes. If you want to keep working with us, I expect you to work to our deadlines and accept our payment terms.
I am no longer working with these clients.
Whenever I get to this part of the episode I can’t help but think… if that hadn’t worked, and remembering the doctor hadn’t brought him back… she’s just had a mental breakdown in front of everyone she knows by yelling at her ‘childhood imaginary friend’ as though he is real :P
"My body, my choice" only makes sense when someone else’s life isn’t at stake.
Fun fact: If my younger sister was in a car accident and desperately needed a blood transfusion to live, and I was the only person on Earth who could donate blood to save her, and even though donating blood is a relatively easy, safe, and quick procedure no one can force me to give blood. Yes, even to save the life of a fully grown person, it would be ILLEGAL to FORCE me to donate blood if I didn’t want to.
See, we have this concept called “bodily autonomy.” It’s this….cultural notion that a person’s control over their own body is above all important and must not be infringed upon.
Like, we can’t even take LIFE SAVING organs from CORPSES unless the person whose corpse it is gave consent before their death. Even corpses get bodily autonomy.
To tell people that they MUST sacrifice their bodily autonomy for 9 months against their will in an incredibly expensive, invasive, difficult process to save what YOU view as another human life (a debatable claim in the early stages of pregnancy when the VAST majority of abortions are performed) is desperately unethical. You can’t even ask people to sacrifice bodily autonomy to give up organs they aren’t using anymore after they have died.
You’re asking people who can become pregnant to accept less bodily autonomy than we grant to dead bodies.
reblogging for commentary
But, assuming the mother wasn’t raped, the choice to HAVE a baby and risk sacrificing their “bodily autonomy” is a choice that the mother made. YOu don’t have to have sex with someone. Cases of rape aside, it isn’t ethical to say abortion is justified. The unborn baby has rights, too.
First point: Bodily autonomy can be preserved, even if another life is dependent on it. See again the example about the blood donation.
And here’s another point: When you say that “rape is the exception” you betray something FUNDAMENTALLY BROKEN about your own argument.
Because a fetus produced from sexual assault is biologically NO DIFFERENT than a fetus produced from consensual sex. No difference at all.
If one is alive, so is the other. If one is a person, so is the other. If one has a soul, then so does the other. If one is a little blessing that happened for a reason and must be protected, then so is the other.
When you say that “Rape is the exception” what you betray is this: It isn’t about a life. This isn’t about the little soul sitting inside some person’s womb, because if it was you wouldn’t care about HOW it got there, only that it is a little life that needs protecting.
When you say “rape is the exception” what you say is this: You are treating pregnancy as a punishment. You are PUNISHING people who have had CONSENSUAL SEX but don’t want to go through a pregnancy. People who DARED to have consensual sex without the goal of procreation in mind, and this is their “consequence.”
And that is gross.
This has been added to since I last saw it, so reblogging again.
Busted wide open.
- the secret of nimh
- alice in wonderland
- beauty and the beast
- sleeping beauty
- horton hears a who
- the lorax
- meet the robinsons
- a bugs life
- finding nemo
- rise of the guardians
- how to train your dragon
- snow white and the seven dwarfs
- the iron giant
- the jungle book
- the emperor’s new groove
- road to el dorado
- treasure planet
- hotel transylvania
- the croods
- toy story
- toy story 2
- toy story 3
- monsters inc
- monsters university
- the little mermaid
- the little mermaid 2: return to the sea
- despicable me
- despicable me 2
- shrek 2
- shrek the third
- shrek forever after
- the rescuers
- the rescuers down under
- madagascar: escape 2 africa
- madagascar 3: europe’s most wanted
movies based off of books:
- harry potter: sorcerer’s stone
- harry potter: chamber of secrets
- harry potter: prisoner of azkaban
- harry potter: goblet of fire
- harry potter: order of the phoenix
- harry potter: half blood prince
- harry potter: deathly hallows 1
- harry potter: the deathly hallows 2
- lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring
- lord of the rings: the two towers
- lord of the rings: the return of the king
- the hobbit: an unexpected journey
- the hobbit: the desolation of smaug
- the green mile
- pride and prejudice
- the book thief
- a beautiful mind
- dear john
- the mortal instruments: city of bones
- the hunger games
- the hunger games: catching fire
- life of pi
- percy jackson: lightning thief
- percy jackson: sea of monsters
- the outsiders
- the help
- the notebook
- a walk to remember
- the shawshank redemption
- forrest gump
- the chronicles of narnia: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe
- the chronicles of narnia: prince caspian
- the chronicles of narnia: the voyage of the dawn treadercomedies:
- white chicks
- 21 jump street
- freaky friday
- the hot chick
- just go with it
- pitch perfect
- the parent trap
- she’s the man
- mean girls
- the goonies
- due date
- you again
- easy a
- date night
- wedding crashers
- without a paddle
- 27 dresses
- sweet home alabama
- the holiday
- when in rome
- one day
- crazy, stupid, love
- ella echanted
- leap year
- the proposal
- remember me
- the mummy
- the mummy returns
- dirty dancing
- dirty dancing: havana nights
- pirates of the caribbean: the curse of the black pearl
- pirates of the caribbean: dead man’s chest
- pirates of the caribbean: at world’s end
- pirates of the caribbean: on stranger’s tides
- resident evil
- resident evil: apocalypse
- resident evil: extinction
- resident evil: after life
- resident evil: retribution
- fast and furious 1
- 2 fast 2 furious
- fast and furious: tokyo drift
- fast and furious 4
- fast and furious 5
- fast and furious 6
- the hangover
- the hangover part 2
- the hangover part 3
- james bond: casino royale
- james bond: quantum of solace
- james bond: skyfall
- home alone
- home alone 2: lost in new york
- home alone 3
- home alone: the holiday heist
- scary movie
- scary movie 2
- scary movie 3
- scary movie 4
- scary movie 5
- miss congeniality
- miss congeniality 2: armed and fabulous
- the avengers
- thor: the dark world
- iron man
- iron man 2
- iron man 3
- captain america
- x-men: last stand
- x-men origins: wolverine
- x-men: first class
- the wolverine
- man of steel
- the amazing spider-man
- batman begins
- the dark knight
- the dark knight rises
- green lantern
- blade 2
- blade: trinity
- the league of extraordinary gentlemen
- the secret world of arrietty [subbed//dubbed]
- kiki’s delivery service [subbed//dubbed]
- spirited away [subbed//dubbed]
- princess mononoke [subbed//dubbed]
- whispers of the heart [subbed//dubbed]
- ponyo [subbed//dubbed]
- howl’s moving castle [subbed//dubbed]
- my neighbor totoro [subbed//dubbed]
- castle in the sky [subbed//dubbed]
- nausicaa of the valley of the wind [subbed//dubbed]
** and you can find many more here and let me know i made mistake somewhere or if one doesn’t work, enjoy ( ﾉ^ω^)ﾉﾟ
creating our DIY save the date invitations was exhausting, but I’m extremely proud of how they turned out! Here’s a few pictures illustrating some of the steps. More information is on my Julia doodles Facebook page, including a short video of the cool embossing heat tool.
Our wedding website with more lettering can be found here: brianlovesjulia.com